forgive me.

i was initially using the perl DBI methods to load. I am not intimately
familiar with the inner workings of DBI, but obviously it must be doing
something if you say mysql does not support binding variables
(i am using 4.0.4). This is significantly faster than creating a new
prepared statement for every insert.

I'm now using JDBC, and havne't explored this yet. I'm coming from the
Oracle camp, and have only been using mysql for less than a month. so
far, i find it very snappy. I do miss the ability to have stored
procedures, triggers and views however.

jeff

--
Jeff Mathis, Ph.D.                      505-995-1434
The Prediction Company                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]