At 08:06 AM 12/18/2002 -0800, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:

> I have no problems using MySQL as a lightweight database for simple
> chores, but I'm a bit weary about putting into a mission critical
> environment.

Why, exactly?

Mainly for 2 reasons:

1. MySQL hasn't been "proven" yet in the corporate environment
2. Some of the comments in the mySQL manual... people losing data doing routine stuff like table optimizations, adding keys, etc. If a database is reliable, things like that shouldn't happen. Comments like those in the MySQL manual scared me.
--
Michael She : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile : (519) 589-7309