Joe Stump wrote:

Like previous posters have pointed out. If given the same freedom within
Oracle's online documentation you'd have to believe there would be horror
stories outlining loss of data.

The most significant factor I've ever seen in people liking Oracle for their sites is the speed with which an Oracle DBA will show up and fix everything for them. As I understand it, the MySQL team gives quite good response times as well, and you get to deal with the actual programmers if you pay for the privilege (and even on this list).

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.