Michael Bacarella wrote:

We've never lost data. Our database server has crashed hard from OS failures
and suffered plenty of unclean shutdowns. MySQL/InnoDB always recovers
perfectly.

Running a slave off-site tops off crash recovery almost 100%. We run a backup of our clients' data to multiple (unfortunately) mysql instances on our server over SSH links to their sites. If their sites were dead for some reason or actually lost data, we have it all safe and live.

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.