On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 09:58, David Griffiths wrote:
> Anyone had any experience with 3Ware 7500-4 IDE RAID or the Promise SX-6000
> IDE RAID cards? Specifically for Linux. Heard bad things about Promise, good
> about 3Ware.

If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the 3wares.  They
work very well under linux.  I've used their 6xxx series 4 port
controllers and their 7xxx series 8 port controllers.  Pretty happy with
both for inexpensive IDE RAID on linux.  Make sure you install the linux
drivers and software so you can access the 3ware functionality like
rebuilding your arrays without having to enter the cards BIOS at boot.
They're no SCSI RAID controllers, but they get the job done.  The
promise controllers are crap (IMO) but they have come a long way in the
last couple of years... they are cheap though.

gabe.