On Monday 04 August 2003 02:10 pm, Richard Gabriel wrote:
> I have been getting this type of error ever since I upgraded from MySQL 3
> to 4.  I actually have set up a cron to check/repair tables hourly because
> of this.  The following diagnoses have been suggested, but I would bet it's
> an obscure MySQL bug:
>
> 1. Kernel 2.4.18 IO problem
> 2. Another shared library linked to MySQL (I use RPMs)
> 3. RAID issue causing corruption
>
> Unfortunately I haven't been able to pinpoint which query causes the issue
> so I can't report a bug.  It anyone else has experienced this or has
> information on it, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.
>
> Richard Gabriel
> Director of Technology,
> CoreSense Inc.
> (518) 306-3043 x3951

Richard,
You may already know this, but here is a snipit out of the manual

"If you run mysqld with --skip-locking (which is the default on some systems,
like Linux), you can't reliably use myisamchk to check a table when mysqld is
using the same table. If you can be sure that no one is accessing the tables
through mysqld while you run myisamchk, you only have to do mysqladmin
flush-tables before you start checking the tables. If you can't guarantee the
above, then you must take down mysqld while you check the tables. If you run
myisamchk while mysqld is updating the tables, you may get a warning that a
table is corrupt even if it isn't."

--
Walter Anthony
System Administrator

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this email may contain legally privileged and
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual noted
above. If you are not the intended recipient or employee or agent of the
entity listed above, you are hereby notified that any reading, disclosure,
distribution, or copying of this email communication in any way, or the
taking of any action in relation to this communication, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify the sender and contact our Privacy Officer at (800)  782-5150 ext:
1601. If you were not the intended recipient, please delete it from your
files. Thank you for your compliance.