On Tuesday 05 August 2003 09:06 am, Richard Gabriel wrote:
> My database experiences a similar effect, but I can't pinpoint the specific
> queries because it gets thousands per second.  I have not noticed the
> problem on a machine that is only used occasionally.  Is there a way to get
> queries out of the binlog for a specific date/time range?  That might help
> me pinpoint the problem and ultimately get this resolved.  Thanks.

Richard,
You could run
mysqlbinlog bin_log_file > /tmp/some_file.txt
and then use something like perl or php to parse the text file looking for
lines that begin with
SET TIMESTAMP=
. I'm not sure what format the time is in, but here is a snip from one of my
logs. You can see the "human" time so all you have to do is figure out what
time format the "1057631707" is.

# at 618337
#030707 22:35:07 server id  100         Query   thread_id=8185  exec_time=0
error_code=0
SET TIMESTAMP=1057631707;
INSERT INTO SFG_TOTAL_PATS
            VALUES (bla,bla,bla, etc....)

--
Walter Anthony
System Administrator

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this email may contain legally privileged and
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual noted
above. If you are not the intended recipient or employee or agent of the
entity listed above, you are hereby notified that any reading, disclosure,
distribution, or copying of this email communication in any way, or the
taking of any action in relation to this communication, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify the sender and contact our Privacy Officer at (800)  782-5150 ext:
1601. If you were not the intended recipient, please delete it from your
files. Thank you for your compliance.