From: "Jonathan Patton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 8:58 AM
Subject: RE: table error 127

Walt,

Thanks for the suggestion. I ran myisamchk on the table and it said it was
corrupted. So I ran myismachk on the table with the -r and it said the table
was fixed. I then ran the update queries I was running before and received
the same 127 error. The update queries were:

update discussion_categories discussion_categories1, discussion_categories
set discussion_categories1.parent_1 = discussion_categories.category_id
where discussion_categories1.`parent_1_text` = discussion_categories.name;

update discussion_categories discussion_categories1, discussion_categories
set discussion_categories1.parent_2 = discussion_categories.category_id
where discussion_categories1.`parent_2_text` = discussion_categories.name;

update discussion_categories discussion_categories1, discussion_categories
set discussion_categories1.parent_3 = discussion_categories.category_id
where discussion_categories1.`parent_3_text` = discussion_categories.name;

update discussion_categories discussion_categories1, discussion_categories
set discussion_categories1.parent_4 = discussion_categories.category_id
where discussion_categories1.`parent_4_text` = discussion_categories.name;

So I shut the mysql server down, ran mysqlchk again and all the tables were
okay. I had a backup of the database, so I just dropped the whole thing and
imported from the backup. (The backup comes from another mysql server). The
errors still persisted.  The table in question only has 167 rows in it. I
had a text file as well with the data in it, so I deleted all the data from
the file and loaded the data with the load data infile command. I did get
1300 some warnings. Could the data being loaded in cause a table corruption?
I'm going to go through the 169 rows being loaded to see if I can find out
the problem or at least eliminate that problem from this problem. Also,
could it be the backup is corrupted?

Jonathan