On Tuesday 05 August 2003 08:58 am, Jonathan Patton wrote:
> Walt,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I ran myisamchk on the table and it said it was
> corrupted. So I ran myismachk on the table with the -r and it said the
> table was fixed. I then ran the update queries I was running before and
> received the same 127 error. The update queries were:
>
> update discussion_categories discussion_categories1, discussion_categories
> set discussion_categories1.parent_1 = discussion_categories.category_id
> where discussion_categories1.`parent_1_text` = discussion_categories.name;
>
> update discussion_categories discussion_categories1, discussion_categories
> set discussion_categories1.parent_2 = discussion_categories.category_id
> where discussion_categories1.`parent_2_text` = discussion_categories.name;
>
> update discussion_categories discussion_categories1, discussion_categories
> set discussion_categories1.parent_3 = discussion_categories.category_id
> where discussion_categories1.`parent_3_text` = discussion_categories.name;
>
> update discussion_categories discussion_categories1, discussion_categories
> set discussion_categories1.parent_4 = discussion_categories.category_id
> where discussion_categories1.`parent_4_text` = discussion_categories.name;
>

> So I shut the mysql server down, ran mysqlchk again and all the tables were
> okay. I had a backup of the database, so I just dropped the whole thing and
> imported from the backup. (The backup comes from another mysql server). The
> errors still persisted.  The table in question only has 167 rows in it. I
> had a text file as well with the data in it, so I deleted all the data from
> the file and loaded the data with the load data infile command. I did get
> 1300 some warnings. Could the data being loaded in cause a table
> corruption? I'm going to go through the 169 rows being loaded to see if I
> can find out the problem or at least eliminate that problem from this
> problem. Also, could it be the backup is corrupted?
>
> Jonathan

Jonathan,
Have you tried running each query separately and then checking the table after
each one?

--
Walter Anthony
System Administrator

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this email may contain legally privileged and
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual noted
above. If you are not the intended recipient or employee or agent of the
entity listed above, you are hereby notified that any reading, disclosure,
distribution, or copying of this email communication in any way, or the
taking of any action in relation to this communication, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify the sender and contact our Privacy Officer at (800)  782-5150 ext:
1601. If you were not the intended recipient, please delete it from your
files. Thank you for your compliance.