  http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=sfp&p=what+is+connection+pooling

> How big should my memory be if 200 connections may be required?

What memory?

That depends on your platform.  Different thread libraries have differently sized
thread stacks.  And it depends how large the per-thread memory settings are in
your MySQL config file:

  http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Memory_use.html

> Is there any limit of how many connections I can use in MySQL?

Yes.

> I know one can set the max connections in MySQL. Does MySQL impose the limit
> I can tell it? I mean, may I set that number to let's say 10000?

If you set that limit, yes, MySQL will enforce it.  What would be the point
of the setting if it did not?

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 11 days, processed 423,976,347 queries (419/sec. avg)