From: "Eduardo D Piovesam" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Subject: Re: MySQL/InnoDB-4.0.16 is released + sneak peek of 4.1.1

View this article only
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Date: 2003-10-23 14:43:28 PST

(Sorry for the last email, it's not complete).

Hello Heikki,

Sorry, but I didn't understand the concept of tablespace applied. It's
different from Oracle, right?

AFAIK, tablespace is utilized to logically group "tables" into one (or more)
files.

And to group "indexes" into another files...

But you said that the each table (with its indexes) will be in one file...
is there an reason? Is it better than "split" tables and indexes?

Thank you.

Eduardo