Hi!

I'm not the almighty Heikki, but I might be able to fill you in to some extent.

Your first and third questions I cannot answer with certainty, but I'm pretty
sure the answer is "no". Regarding the first one, I'm not too sure as to why you'd need
it. Looking at the output of SHOW VARIABLES might help though.

As for the second question, AUTOCOMMIT is able to be set at any time
without a problem. Additionally, issuing BEGIN or it's workalikes (see the
MySQL manual or the reference manual at www.innodb.com) will act
in the same way as having AUTOCOMMIT set to 0.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chris

Martijn Tonies wrote:

Hi Heikki,

As you know - I'm a transaction zealot :-)

Is there a way to get a signal back to the client when a
transaction has started? Or perhaps something like
@@trancount in MSSQL?

Is there a way to turn ON/OFF auto-commit?

And, are metadata operations under transaction control?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird & MS SQL Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com