Hmm....

How much lag time can you afford between the master's contents being updated
and the slave being updated? Taking advantage of MyISAM's compressed table
features might help performance if that is an issue.

Every independant test out there shows that in the cases where InnoDB is
slower for reads than MyISAM, the speed differential is quite small. In those
cases, the differences come from InnoDB's higher disk space and RAM usage
seemingly.

Just some of my thoughts.

Regards,

Chris