> To the chap who siad its not a DB issue - I will check with Oracle but I'm
> sure that dropping in a directory in oracle will not give you full access
> to a database (a clear one that is)
The chap was me :-) I'm sure it does on oracle. Once you have an Oracle
installation and got hold of all database files (which is easy once an
intruder got root on the machine) you have access to all data. Even oracle
can't do anything about this, but there might be two difficulties with oracle
compared to mysql: You need the oracle software (expensive, but do hackers
buy software?) and it might be that the files are spread all over the
computer and hard to find. But basically, it is the same with oracle (but I
never used oracle, this is common sense).
Stefan

--
Stefan Kuhn M. A.
Cologne University BioInformatics Center (http://www.cubic.uni-koeln.de)