on 7/22/04 1:03 PM, m i l e s at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have the following sql statement:
>
> LOAD DATA INFILE
> '/Babylon5/Library/WebServer/Documents/~milesfiles.com/
> eims_errorlog.txt'
> INTO TABLE eims_log
> FIELDS
> TERMINATED BY ' '
> ENCLOSED BY ' '
> LINES TERMINATED by '\r'
>
> I can't seem to get it to run.
>
> The path is correct but I keep getting the error:
>
> "can't get stat of
> '/Babylon5/Library/WebServer/Documents/~milesfiles.com/
> eims_errorlog.txt' "
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

First off all, I suspect your path is wrong, are you sure you want
~milesfiles.com?  I think the "~" is in error, if not, it could be confusing
the path somewhat.

I just copied my error log and imported it fine, I got the same stat error
if the permissions on the file were wrong, just chmod 777 the file then
remove it when you are done and it will import.

I am not sure if you massaged the file or not, but if the error_log is a
plain normal error log from OS 9 it would be:
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'
LINES TERMINATED by '\r'

If the error log comes from OS X it would be:
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'
LINES TERMINATED by '\n'