Hi Jeremy, Greetings All,

First, thank you for taking the time to discuss this issue. It is important that people let us know when they upset with us.

Next, it is clear that we need to look at the issues that were raised by this thread.

When more of the right people from MySQL return from LinuxWorld, we (MySQL) can take action.

Until then, there are a few things that I can recommend:
* visit http://licensing.zak.greant.com/ - this is where I keep a partial list of issues relating to MySQL's licensing
* of particular interest to this discussion is bug report http://zak.greant.com:8888/licensing/tktview?tn=32,6
* if this is not bug report is not complete enough, please consider adding an additional request
* I won't be back to network access until late tonight, but I will work on scraping the issues from the thread tomorrow
* the work on the listed bug report had stalled while we worked on extending the exception to our current GPL licensing

* drop by the MySQL booth at LinuxWorld and discuss your feeling with the MySQL team who is present. In particular, you would want to talk to Brian Aker, Zack Urlocker and Marten Mickos.

--
Cheers!
Zak Greant