From: Tim Fenn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] X to TVout on pvr350
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:04 PM

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 09:39:10PM -0500, Shalem Shem-Tov wrote:
OK having some problems getting X to TVout on pvr350 (using Fedora C3). I followed Jarod's HOWTO on how to change xorg.conf but once I did and tried to reload X I got this error:

Failed to load module "ivtvdev" (module does not exist, 0)
No drivers available

ATrpms now has the ivtvdev driver in its own package - this is a change that I don't think has made it into Jarod's howto quite yet. Anyway, long story short:

apt-get install ivtvdev

should fix this (assuming you have Axel's repo enabled).

Regards,
-Tim

Tim:
Thanks for the info, it help... to a point. Now when I try loading X I get this error:

      ivtvdev: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:13:0)
      No devices detected.

/sbin/lspci -v  gives me:

00:0d.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15 MPEG-2 Encoder(rev 01)
Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]

Any suggestions?

My xorg.conf is the same as before:

Section "Device"
      Identifier  "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
      Driver      "ivtvdev"
      #Driver      "fbdev"

      ### change fb0 to whatever your card grabbed
      Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"

### change the BusID to whatever is reported by lspci, specify it as hex.
BusID "0:0x0d:0"
EndSection

Thanks :)