On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
NANOG-L is unique. There isn't anything else devoted to issues for truly large networks, and the providers that manage the distance between them. When I see Cisco (or Juniper, or Extreme) announcements about a vulnerability, those are useful. Nonsense about Solaris 10 telnet vulnerabilities, or FedGov meetings, or requests for someone from Comcast to please call (and what is it with Comcast, anyway?).

As a quick comment on the Solaris 10/11 telnet vuln - there's still an
unfortunately large population of network devices being managed via
telnet.  I'm willing to consider that on topic ;>

cheers!
[0] Comcast *sigh*
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."