--- On Fri, 3/21/08, Martin Hannigan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And the MLC didn't bother responding to either (until
> this). And
> probably won't respond further. Of course, my
> colleagues can say what
> they want, but I don't see any reason why someone
> can't ask for clue
> help.

Exactly.  We were all n00bs once, and we all benefited from folks willingness
to do things that aren't their job to help us learn.  As an MLC member, I read
the post and consciously decided not to consider it a problem.  I think that
gently answering questions and then pointing folks to more relevant places is a
good approach.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com