David Barak wrote:

> --- On Fri, 3/21/08, Martin Hannigan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> And the MLC didn't bother responding to either (until this). And
>> probably won't respond further. Of course, my colleagues can say
>> what they want, but I don't see any reason why someone can't ask
>> for clue help.
>
> Exactly.  We were all n00bs once, and we all benefited from folks
> willingness to do things that aren't their job to help us learn.  As
> an MLC member, I read the post and consciously decided not to
> consider it a problem.  I think that gently answering questions and
> then pointing folks to more relevant places is a good approach.

We were all n00bs once, but many of you (I consider myself late to the
game) were new at this back when the conferences had 100 attendees, and
the list probably wasn't a whole lot larger than that.  Groupstudy.com,
Experts Exchange, vBulletin, none of that existed.

Now, the list is 9,000 recipients, and a lot of other topical forums and
tools exist.  Some folks (I'm one, you're apparently one) say it's OK to
redirect folks elsewhere, others say it's not.  Can we
settle/vote/discuss this for once?

pt