On 9/21/10 5:46 AM, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

> There is a trope among American entrepreneurs wherein one refers to a
> new, yet to be formally named company as "NewCo" or "NewCorp".

Not just entrepreneurs, but existing companies that go through naming
and branding changes.  They will use an obviously fake name to refer to
the company before they formally announce the new name.  NewNOG is not
able to use the NANOG brand at this time, as it has not yet been
acquired by the company.

Whether the new company changes it's name to NANOG in the future is an
academic exercise more than anything else.  I would think that it would
be better to have company name different than the activity of NANOG, but
this is just my opinion.

  -Sean