>> and what about lifers, the other long-term unwindable commitment?
> Specifically what is your objection to offering life membership?

i thought i was pretty clear, if terse.

we do not have consensus over membership categories.  life membership is
unwindable should we decide against it.

personally, i am not strongly against it, but am sceptical.  it may get
a cash infusion now, but what will it do to income down the road when
folk don't need to renew? [0]

does newnog actually need the infusion up front?  are there other ways
to deal with the financial problem that the attempt to create of this
class of membership implies?

randy

--

[0] - i know some rir boards who are asking themselves about where they
      get income when folk have /32s and do not need to come back for