Hi all,

I do not bother about licences much but:

> > NAnt works well as a GPL'd project.  It's effectively a stand-alone
> > project.  Any company wanting to incorporate it could simply bundle
> > the executable.
>
> You cannot write a NAnt task that uses parts of NAnt's API and
> distribute that task under a license other than GPL (think of
> Subversion or NUnit distributing a NAnt task for example).  Same for a
> GUI sitting on top of NAnt or IDE plugins or ...
>
> If you use NAnt's API, you are creating a derived work.
>
> > I don't see how a GPL'd .NET build project would scare people away
> > more than a GPL'd C++ compiler.
>
> Using NAnt is no problem (as using gcc or Emacs), extending NAnt would
> be.

Very true. I use my own tasks and patches now. Hope it is completely ok,
unless I distribute them. I don't so I'm happy.

But I think, linking exception _should_ be accepted. Downloading new
Subversion version from their site including NAnt plugin should be great!

Anyway - GPL+linking exception or Apache or BSD seems the same for me. Maybe
we should rather use GPL (because project begins as GPL) and maybe add
second licence (dual licence scheme). I see (and use) some projects with
GPL+MPL dual licence.

Martin

btw: bundle nunit, nunit2 and nunitreport tasks with nunit rather than nant
itself is good idea, I think!