Now that I have access to an account that can post successfully to the
list, I think we should decide on the criteria for the next release.

I propose the following:

We ship the next release as soon as possible.  There have been a lot of
bugfixes since 0.8.3.

According to the TODO list, we have not yet finished the 0.8.x items.
In that case, we would want the new release to be numbered 0.8.4 instead
of 0.9.0

We adopt the NDoc method of determining which runtime to build against.
Basically, the NDoc scripts use the <available> task to determine which
runtimes and SDKs are installed and builds against those.  This would
cut down on the number of issues people have when building from source.
We should still use the -k parameter to build against specific targets.

Do we have any tasks under active development we think a release should
wait on?  Most existing tasks seem to be pretty stable at this point.

Once everyone's made decisions about the above, I'm prepared to roll the
next release.  I will start work on the change log immediately.

John C Barstow