On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 15:05, Morris, Jason wrote:
> John,
>
> Thanks for taking up this task...any further progress on releasing the
> first beta or release candidate?

I've been waiting on the licensing discussion to see if there was going
to be a resolution this week (since I didn't want to release if there
was going to be a quick change.
I will be rolling the first beta this weekend; expect it Monday morning
unless the builds or tests fail.

> My vote would be for one distribution package with the binaries for each
> .NET framework  in separate directories.  I don't think that we should
> include the documentation or source in the distribution package.

Scott has already pointed out this isn't going to happen.  What we could
do, if there was a volunteer, is create a Windows installer that allows
you to untick the doc and source packages, a choice that would be
popular for most build servers I know of.
The installer basically just needs to take the files from the zip, group
them into sub-packages, and install them to a chosen location.
Optionally add nant/bin to the path and documentation root to the menu.

Draft release schedule:
Beta 1 - 9/10 Nov (0.8.4); CVS main branch bumped to 0.8.5
RC1 - 15 Nov (0.8.4.1)
RC2 (if needed)  - 20 Nov (0.8.4.2)
RC3 (if needed) - 22 Nov (0.8.4.3)

Always open to feedback, of course.