> >I'd rather have a more general approach, where all global types
> >implement support for merging two distinct instances.
>
> Is this meaningful for all types?  Or just those that are
> collections?
> Does it make sense, for example, to talk about merging two proxies?

Exactly. btw: it would be also very helpful to have some other collection
types in core, mainly StringCollection. Any Collection should be enumerable
by foreach task. I was in need of it once, fortuntelly it could be (pretty
easily) workarounded in string using seperator char. Still, it'd be nice.
Any idea how merge operator could be generalized to any collection type?

Martin