> Would a clean mode help you sleep better, or do you want to
> get rid of the
> VSWebCache for another reason (eg. for parellel builds,
> although you'll have
> this problem too with local obj dirs) ?

The parallel builds nighmares me. obj dirs are ok, I think. They should not
cause any trouble.
"clean" build is another issue, not so high on my priorities. Maybe it could
simply delete all obj dirs/output dir before build? It is basically what VS
do, isn't it?

> Same thing goes for the outputdir attribute that we have
> already. If it were
> up to me, we'd lose support for it immediately.

Oh - I strictly disagree here. I, personally, use <solution> task _becouse
of_ thouse additional stuff. Unless them, you could <exec> devenv.exe with
/rebuild and you have it. Ok - there is mono support, licence issues, etc.
But outputdir is one of so important features!

btw: MS comes with (working) outputdir support in VS2005 as well.

 > > used to them from VS etc. But VSWebCache is bad in my eyes. That is
> > something like static variable in multithreaded
> application. You never
> > know,
> > when and what it broke.
>
> I agree, but I'd hate introducing a new attribute for each
> indivual usage
> scenario.

Agreed.

First, I'll try to locally change source to rip off VSWebCache. I believe
this is core of those problems, but lets prove it. Next, we could add
attribute or whatever to solve those problems.

Martin