----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Aliger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Gert Driesen'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'mike61079'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <nant-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nant-dev] VSWebCache ObjectDir <solution>

>> Would a clean mode help you sleep better, or do you want to
>> get rid of the
>> VSWebCache for another reason (eg. for parellel builds,
>> although you'll have
>> this problem too with local obj dirs) ?
>
> The parallel builds nighmares me. obj dirs are ok, I think. They should
> not
> cause any trouble.
> "clean" build is another issue, not so high on my priorities. Maybe it
> could
> simply delete all obj dirs/output dir before build? It is basically what
> VS
> do, isn't it?
>
>> Same thing goes for the outputdir attribute that we have
>> already. If it were
>> up to me, we'd lose support for it immediately.
>
> Oh - I strictly disagree here. I, personally, use <solution> task _becouse
> of_ thouse additional stuff. Unless them, you could <exec> devenv.exe with
> /rebuild and you have it. Ok - there is mono support, licence issues, etc.
> But outputdir is one of so important features!

No problem. We'll never remove support for it, but personally I don't think
it's very useful.

Another important feature of the <solution> task is that it allows you to
target different CLR versions.

> btw: MS comes with (working) outputdir support in VS2005 as well.
>
> > > used to them from VS etc. But VSWebCache is bad in my eyes. That is
>> > something like static variable in multithreaded
>> application. You never
>> > know,
>> > when and what it broke.
>>
>> I agree, but I'd hate introducing a new attribute for each
>> indivual usage
>> scenario.
>
> Agreed.
>
> First, I'll try to locally change source to rip off VSWebCache. I believe
> this is core of those problems, but lets prove it. Next, we could add
> attribute or whatever to solve those problems.

Changing to a local store for intermediate build output will not resolve
issues if you build a project in parallel from the same local project
directory, but I'm sure that's not what you're doing.

Just checking: should this issue postpone the 0.85 release ?  Can you submit
a bug report for it ?