Hi,

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Charles Chan
<cchan...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Thanks for all of your replies! Sorry, I am a little busy today, so please
> excuse me for the quick answers.
>
> Gert:
> Based on my understanding: (please correct if I am wrong)
> Requires .NET-1.0 SDK / VS2002 to target .NET-1.0 -- The SDK is no longer
> available from MS, making it difficult to develop or provide further support
> for NAnt?
> Requires .NET-1.1 SDK / VS2003 to target .NET-1.1
> Requires .NET 2.0 SDK / VS2005 to target .NET 2.0
>
> So I am hoping to drop support for .NET 1.x (at least .NET 1.0) runtime AND
> target ASAP.
>

> Ryan, Matt:
> Your comments makes sense. FYI, I am planning to first release a new version
> 0.87-beta, rc, etc. (it's been too long since 0.86 and many changes since, so
> I want to use a new number to signify the differences) This is mainly a
> bugfix release. No new feature, but mainly to work towards a "golden" 1.0
> version of NAnt to complete the 0.8x roadmap.
>
> Roadmap
> =======
> 0.87 - bug fix only to stabilize the existing features; eg. Mono/.NET
> compatibilities issues.
> 1.00 - "golden" release, perhaps last version to support .NET 1.0
> 2.00 - add support for .NET 2.0, 3.5; VS solution 2005, 2008; update NUnit,
> etc.
>
> Thoughts?
> (Once we all reach a consensus, we can work on further breakdowns, divide up
> the work, scan the bug lists, etc).

I think I am confused about your roadmap.  Specifically the line "2.00
- add support for .NET 2.0, 3.5; VS solution 2005, 2008; update NUnit,
etc."  Doesn't NAnt, as it stands today, already support .NET 2.0,
3.5?  Or am I misunderstanding something?

Also,
Are you planning on only bug fixes between 0.87 -> 1.0 or will new
features be introduced during that period?  Don't get me wrong,
planning this out is great.  I just want to make sure I am
understanding this path.

> All:
> Thanks very much for you interest, unfortunately, I only have developer
> privilege so perhaps one of the project admins can help setup the
> permissions. (Gert? Gerry? Can you help?)
>
> I am interested in learning more about your backgrounds and why you are
> interested in helping NAnt. I assume most of you are using NAnt in the
> workplace? How much time can you spend on this project? Is there any aspect
> you are particularly interested in working in?

I can answer this in another email if needs be.

> If you know anyone who might be interested in contributing, please help
> spread the word!
>
> Cheers,
> Charles

> Connect with friends from any web browser - no download required. Try the new
> Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA at
> http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php

Let me know if there are any questions.

--
Thanks,