Gustaf Neumann wrote:
> Funny enough, the delivery of the error message blocked the connection
> thread longer than the delivery of the image when it is above the
> writersize.
>
> I will reduce the writersize further, but still a slow delivery can even
> slow down the delivery of the headers, which happens still in the
> connection thread. Most likely, i won't address this now.  however, i
> will check the effects of fastpath cache, which was deactivated so far...

Hi Gustaf,

This has been some really interesting bits you've been sharing.  I keep
meaning to add in my thoughts but I haven't had the time.

One quick idea on the writer thread is to, regardless of size always
make one write attempt in the conn thread, and if less than the complete
buffer was written, then pass the remainder off to the writer thread.
This would get the best of both worlds - fast/small requests don't incur
the overhead of moving the duplicating the buffers, while large/slow
requests wouldn't block the conn thread.

-J