Am 04.12.12 20:25, schrieb Stephen Deasey:
> I found this nifty site the other day:
>
>      https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=next-scripting.org
>
> It's highlighting a few things that need fixed in the nsssl module,
> including a couple of security bugs. Looks like relatively little code
> though.
The report is already much better: now everything is green. Most of the
complaints could be removed via configuration, just two issues required
code changes (requires a flag, which is not available in all current
OpenSSL implementation, such as that from Mac OS X, and adding a
callback). The security rating is now better than from nginx.

Today, i was hunting another problem in connection with nsssl, which
turns out to be a weakness of our interfaces. The source for the problem
is that the buffer management of OpenSSL is not aligned with the buffer
management in naviserver. In the naviserver driver, all receive requests
are triggered via the poll, when sockets are readable. With OpenSSL it
might be as well possible that data as a leftover from an earlier
receive when a smaller buffer is provided. Naviserver requested during
upload spool reveive operations with a 4KB buffer. OpenSSL might receive
"at once" 16KB. The read operation with the small buffer will not drain
the OpenSSL buffer, and later, poll() will not be triggered by the fact,
that the socket is readable (since the buffer is still quite full). The
problem happened in NaviServer, when the input was spooled (e.g. file
uploads). I have doubts that this combination ever worked. I have
corrected the problem by increasing the buffer variable in the driver.c.
The cleaner implementation would be to add an "Ns_DriverReadableProc
Readable"  similar to the "Ns_DriverKeepProc Keep", but that would
effect the interface of all drivers.

-gustaf neumann