Hey All,
  I agree- a big pinch seal with 10 wires, and 2 'dead' wires for
supports would be easiest.
Pinch seals of that size are also tricky- the tube must be carefully
pre-shaped for the seal; just heating the open end of a round tube
causes it to slump down the middle as the glass thickens up (under
it's own surface tension...)
  As soon as I get some thinner tungsten pins, I'll try it out- The
ones I have right now are too thick to bundle 10 together...
 You could certainly use some little beads for supports- you'd want to
clean 'em in ultrasound to make sure there were no traces of the
manufacturing clay/binder on the inside...
 You can't really put any chips or circuit boards inside tubes...
Things have to be very pure, and able to withstand lots of heat.

 The two books I refer to constantly for info are :Materials and
Techniques for Electron tubes, by Walter Kohl, and -Materials and
Processes of Electron Devices, by Max Knoll.
 If you can find them, these two old manuals will teach you everything
you could ever want to know about vacuum tube manufacture...

 Google groups doesn't seem to have image hosting, or archives -I'll
just host my pix somewhere soon ,and link 'em up here.

Cheers-
  -Dylan