Hi,

(2) Laser cutting thin metals (0.015 to 0.080") will not impart much
heat to the metal, and if its pure nickel, then any worry of the alloy
being screwed up, is not an issue (?).

Why not use wires, like in the old tubes? That worked, too. I.e. GA-1, GA-2, GN-1, ...

(3) To minimize the electrical paths to the outside world, make the
tubes biquinary:

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/045/z/ZM1030.pdf

Hmm, that's maybe a good idea, but I think many people will not like these tubes due to their more difficult peripheral circuitry. I also think the internal construction of the tube will be much more critical if you want it to be biquinary.

Jens