Did you alreday found out the EZ10B will work too ?

I think to make adapters from old octal tube bases.

eric

-----Original Message-----
From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of threeneurons
Sent: vrijdag 6 januari 2012 22:39
To: neonixie-l
Subject: [neonixie-l] Re: FS: Shameless Plug Time - Dekatron Spinner Kits

On Dec 31 2011, 10:33 am, Frederick Heald <justf...@obtainium.org>
wrote:
> I've got a couple of A101s that I don't know what to do with -
> Nixiesand VFDs I can sort of figure out, but so far I don't really get
> thejumping current thing.
> Would these work with an A101?

The circuit will work, but the A101 13-pin base is clearly not compatible
with an octal (8-pin) socket. You can use Molex 0.093 socket pins and
solder/crimp them short lengths of wire (insulated & stranded, 22 to 18
gauge). Cover up most of the pin and a bit of the wire (past the insulation)
with heat-shrink tubing. Make 13 of these and use them as a make-shift
socket. There are 5 signals types on your standard 2-guide dekatron (an A101
is such a tube). Anode, G1, G2, K, and NDX (aka K0). On a A101 the Anode is
pin 8, G1 pin 5, G2 pin 10, NDX pin 1, and all the other pins tied to K.
Leave no pins unconnected. Here's a link on extra dekatron stuff:

http://threeneurons.wordpress.com/dekatron-stuff/auxiliary-dekatron-stuff/

and on showing the "Molex pin" trick:

http://threeneurons.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/skt_pins093_1.jpg

Again, socket is octal, but tube here, is duo-decal.

BTW: All parts are in, kitted, and kits relisted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150732297763

Enjoy.