On 2/4/12 10:09 AM, Tidak Ada wrote:
Hi Mike,

Finally I received my UF4007's. Now they packed them in ESD protecting foil.
Are these diodes really so sensitive for ESD or is that 'overkill nonsense'.
I am used to receive and store my diodes (except tunneldiodes and other
specials) in a simple plastic component drawer in the stock rack

eric

Every electronic component is packaged in ESD safe packaging these days, even connectors.

The reason is that although the UF4007 itself is a high voltage device, a component near it may be very sensitive to ESD.

So, in order to ensure compliance for the entire system, every part must be compliant.

--
David Forbes, Tucson AZ