> Hi Mike,
>
> Finally I received my UF4007's. Now they packed them in ESD protecting foil.
> Are these diodes really so sensitive for ESD or is that 'overkill nonsense'.

Its easier that way, too. Don't make your packing people think too
hard. Hell, I pack my kits, in electrostatic (proof) bags !

A little story that happened about 25 years ago. I had built a
homebrew ISA IO card, that plugged into a 286 computer. It, in turn
had a ribbon cable that broke out to connectors on a fancy protoboard
jig. That way I could check out computer controlled circuits, in a
similar fashion that Arduinos are used now. Well, it was in a carpeted
room. One hot dry summer day, I walked in and the first thing I
touched was "the jig". Zap ! Nice spark came off my finger and toasted
most of the ICs on that ISA card. Good thing the chips were all in
sockets, so the repair was quick.