To: "neonixie-l" <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 8:48 AM
Subject: [neonixie-l] Re: Hello from Sydney

Hello David,

Thanks for the explanation. I guess you made a typo somewhere because
I remember reading 200uA somewhere in your files rather than 13uA and
1 year rather than 7 years.

Your claim is then not correct, because at 50 readings per day and 2
seconds per viewing, the battery will only last less than 3 months.

I didn't know you wrote the software yourself, I though you played
around with someone else's software.

It's truly going to be 16.5mm, including the components, yes. Your're
also correct about the multiplexing, I do that so that it is easier to
dim the tubes by means of PWM, but not in the way you think I will do
it :-).

I actually thought you had invented this nixie watch, so I didn't want
to re-design it as it was your "thing". In one of the videos that I
guess you had made up by a pommy it is stated that woz said it was the
one thing he wished he had invented. So it really seemed it was your
invention. However, when I came across Jeff Thomas and exchanged a
couple of emails, it was clear that he had invented this nixie watch a
couple of years earlier, so I didn't bother about designing another
one and he didn't mind himself either. What I do think is very lame is
to just take his later 3 1/2 digit tube design as well and try to make
a buck out of it. http://www.cathodecorner.com/nw35/index.html I
verified with him if he was aware of this latest Cathode Corner copy
of his design, and he personally confirmed that he wasn't.

I know this world is a dog-eat-dog business, but I guess these people
are supposed to be your friends, right?

Best regards,
Michel