On Jan 29, 9:09 pm, Cobra007 <mic...@xiac.com> wrote:
> Well, I probably started on the wrong foot in this group and yeah, you
> can't take back the things you post so I am sorry for that. I agree
> that I should have done more research and this would not have
> happened.

Welcome to the group. Don't sweat it. We all get a little overly
enthusiastic sometimes.

As for your watch concepts, the big hurdles are packaging and power.
Coding a uC is really a non-issue. Its really arranging the tubes,
batteries, and the few components, in as small of a 3D space as
possible, with the tube still showing the digits. I'm really curious
about your HV power supply. I'm assuming you're going to use 3V. There
are uCs that can work down to 1.8V, as well as 5V. That same 3V can
power the uC directly, and pump the HV switcher. To get most of the
battery life, I imaging the switcher will still lite the tubes down at
1.8V in, and do it with reasonable efficiency. So far only Jeff &
David have done it. If it was easy, everybody would do it.

Please share your progress. This is after all a hobby group, and we
are on this web (still think its only a passing fad). I give high
brownie points to those who share their ideas. All the info on my
nixie projects, are free for anyone to make, given they actually want
to. Just Google threeneurons nixie.