You can certainly connect the HV5530's "in-parallel" to the CPU. I would be
more concerned about signal-levels, because the HV5530 is intended to run
with 12V logic levels and your CPU is probably 3.3V. I'm using a
level-shifter IC in my design, along with an FPGA.

BTW, I'm putting the finishing touches on my first IN-18 clock PCB; It's
definitely worth the extra expense of IN-18's to get large and
properly-formed digits (no funky upside-down 2's and 5's).

I decided to use socket pins soldered to the pcb, rather than actual  IN-18
sockets, because of space constraints. I hope I'm not going to regret this
decision, and I'm definitely going to be very careful to form the pins to
minimize stress. I also will not be swapping tubes around to even-out their
usage (using de-poisoning algorithm instead).

Do you plan to run your IN-18's 24/7, or will you use a motion-sensor, etc ?