On 19/12/06, K.M. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have Hp DeskJet 5550 , I would like to check printer status through the
> Host resources MIB. When I tried it doesn't work it is just gave me all the
> time the same values.. how i can implement SNMP Agent on it ?

Quite honestly, I doubt it's practical to think about extending the
agent that runs on a printer.   I'd expect this to be fairly closely
embedded within the printer O/S.   And even if it is extendable,
it's going to require low-level knowledge of the HP internals - not
something that we can provide here.

   If HP don't implement the information you require, I suggest you
raise this issue with them.   They're more likely to be able to respond
than we are - either suggesting an alternative, or flagging it as a
Request for Enhancement.

Dave