The Host Resources MIB [RFC1514] provides two status objects that can be used
to describe the status of a printer: hrDeviceStatus and hrPrinterStatus.
  What you need is to implement this MIB in the printer. My question is How  to
implement this over HP printer. it is done in Ricoh 4500 and 4510,
OKI C9500 and XEROX Phaser 860 printers and i am looking to implement it in HP
  …. I think it is clear now Mr.Shield . !!

Dave Shield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  On 19/12/06, K.M. wrote:
> I have Hp DeskJet 5550 , I would like to check printer status through the
> Host resources MIB. When I tried it doesn't work it is just gave me all the
> time the same values.. how i can implement SNMP Agent on it ?

Quite honestly, I doubt it's practical to think about extending the
agent that runs on a printer. I'd expect this to be fairly closely
embedded within the printer O/S. And even if it is extendable,
it's going to require low-level knowledge of the HP internals - not
something that we can provide here.

If HP don't implement the information you require, I suggest you
raise this issue with them. They're more likely to be able to respond
than we are - either suggesting an alternative, or flagging it as a
Request for Enhancement.

Dave

  Best regards,
                               Mrs. Kawthar Moria