On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:26 AM, <ali.br...@selex-comms.com> wrote:

> I have some further questions/observations on this subject.
>
> The reason that I have not been able to send my own Enterprise specific
> trap is that it does not have any additional var-binds associated with the
> trap i.e I want to send the trap with an empty associated var-bind list. e.g
> Bart in your example if I send a LinkUp trap as follows the trap is not
> sent.
>
> C:\Perl\bin\perl -e "use SNMP; $SNMP::verbose=1; $SNMP::debugging=2;
> $SNMP::dump_packet=1; my $session = new SNMP::TrapSession(Community =>
> \"public\", Port => 162, Version => \"2c\"); $session->trap(oid =>
> \"linkUp\");"
>
> I can send my trap like so, but I have ahad at add on an optional var-bind
> the SysLocation field to make it work!:

a) You should not be adding 'sysLocation to the varbind.
b) The linkup trap is defined to have a non-optional varbind
c) The varbind must contain the the value of ifIndex (of the interface that
went up).

> C:\Perl\bin\perl -e "use SNMP; $SNMP::verbose=1; $SNMP::debugging=2;
> $SNMP::dump_packet=1; my $session = new SNMP::TrapSession(Community =>
> \"public\", Port => 162, Version => \"2c\"); $session->trap(oid =>
> \"1.3.6.1.4.1.2257.11.1.1.0.0.9\", [[sysLocation,0,\"Here\"]]);"

> SNMP.pm perl module seems to be making the following call at line 1191:
>
>        my $uptime = $param{uptime} || SNMP::_sys_uptime();
>
> The call to SNMP::sys_uptime() seems to be returning a negative value and
> not the correct sysUpTime. Note the correct sysUptime is obtained when
> performing a get-request on my agent.

SysUpTime is defined as a 'TimeTicks' which is defined as an  INTEGER
(0..4294967295),
so what I think you are seeing is a signed interpretation of the value and
not the unsigned
interpretation that it really is.  Ie. DON'T print the 32 bit value as a
signed integer!