Hi Andreas,

 > Subversion is not a political attitude, it is a way of life...

Being a decent human being is considered either negative or a criminal
activity in itself.

I have not noticed many art groups in the UK other than ourselves and
Mute, discussing all these issues as openly.

Across the sea, Rhizome.org in America is 'silent' regarding the
wikileaks or student cuts around the world - I would of hoped the
individuals who run the platform would be brave enough to activate some
kind of dialogue around it. And I suppose, what it tells me is that,
they do not care enough to push these things into the public for mutual
dialogue. Yes, I know it may threaten funding, but we have the same
problems here.

Next week live on Resonance fm, our last broadcast this year - we are
holding a minute silence 'live' on the radio to mourn the death of
education.

All this stuff threatens the existence of furtherfield and the space we
have in London plus many projects we are involved in, most of them
socially engaged - and that's what the government wants to happen.

And all those peer 'art' groups who do not openly challenge the powers
that be will be invested in, such as those similar to Rhizome.org
because they tow the line - and lets not forget that this is not just a
national issue, it is an international, neoliberlist attack on
humanities. And I will not 'ever' forgive those who have so conveniently
kept silent, when as others have at least tried to make real changes in
culture; deeper than promoting top-down artists and institutional
drone-art, and product and technologically determined (so called) art,
conveyor belt products. Techno-bling is boring, boring, boring, and shallow.

We have already been warned to stop discussing the current crisis
regarding cuts and the neoliberlaist situation with our own community,
by friends who are well connected to others in power, who are watching
us - and it really feels strange and distressing to know that by openly
discussing this with you and others, that I may be risking the future of
our independent, creative and brilliant individuals and groups who are
part our networked communities...

wishing you well.

marc

 > Shame on our justice systems and the prosecution of our idealistic
motivated youth, which are threatened all over the world by the
fillistines called judges

 > More examples of injustice in our so called democracies:
 >
 > Hungary:
 >
 > Asisstence given by child birth at home, imprisoned until at least
January 2011

 > Source : chtodelat
 >
 > Us Chigaco
 >
 > Three young women accused of travelling to Palestine put on trial by
the FBI

 > Source: hufftington post
 >
 > And so it goes on and on and on
 >
 > What is there to stop falling in a cynical state of mind and a
profound sadness about the failure of the human project?

 > How to survive in a bitter and cold world without shared ethical and
moral principles ?

 > I am deeply depressed by the current situation and can hardly believe
it will be better during my lifetime

(http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/security/363523/wikileaks-protest-tool-could-carry-two-year-jail-stretch);

(http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/12/first-arrest-made-in-wikileaks-revenge-attacks.ars)

(http://www.darkreading.com/database-security/167901020/security/attacks-breaches/228800076/botnet-operators-set-to-join-operation-payback.html)