I think it's perfectly fine what you're doing James. I'm not an artist or
academic either but I enjoy the Netbehaviour neighbourhood and most things
posted here. The occasional link or discussion to technology/programming never
really bothers me. In 'our' neck of the art woods, it's the equivalent of
having a chat about finding the right shade of blue pigment and what a shame
that local art stockist doesn't allow you to use his materials on other canvas
other than ones you buy from him (I'm looking at you, ghost of Steve Jobs!)

Cheers

Mark R Hancock