On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:29:44 +0000
isabel brison <ijayes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just wondering why you choose not to call yourself an artist. Because
> the random stuff you post looks suspiciously like art to me...
>
> Isabel

It just popped out naturally. Followed by mixed feelings about "not
being an artist" followed by a period of indecisiveness before falling
back to "I can't be bothered to think about it" (a favourite) and left
it in before clicking send.

It could just be a career thing: I don't want to be an artist. Or maybe
I'm just not that interested in art anymore. Perhaps I've grown out
of the reasons why I used to "want to be an artist" after holding on to
them for too long. Reasons born from teenage obsessions but now I'm
passing my mid 30's I'm unsure I want to continue to develop..

But like I said, the computer programming has become the focus and I'm
rarely interested in coding from an artistic/critical (or even glitch)
perspective. I'm wanting to make good predictable software. When it
glitches/bugs/etc I'm only intersted in it as far as taking a
screen(shot|cast) not much for analysis more for the asthetics and I'm
amused by it.

James.