Hi Benoit,

>You use MUST, SHOULD, MAY, and you refer to RFC 2119. Fine.
>However, it might be beneficial to say something such as in RFC 7698
>
>    The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
>    "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
>    document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].
>
>    While [RFC2119] describes interpretations of these key words in terms
>    of protocol specifications and implementations, they are used in this
>    document to describe design requirements for protocol extensions.

Is this needed?  Looking at RFC2119, I don’t read it as being very particular
about the context it’s terms are used in.

Additionally, other requirements docs use RFC2119 without any such a paragraph
(e.g., RFC7698, RFC7497, RFC7449, etc.)...

>Btw, I never quite understood what a MAY means for a requirement.
>See requirement 2B and 2C

For 2B, would you rather is be a SHOULD?
For 2C, would you rather this be a “may”?

FWIW, the other requirements docs listed above also use "MAY" in some of their
“requirements"

Kent