[As a contributor]

From Benoit:

Yes, I've seen those RFCs. The IETF is not really consistent regarding RFC 2119
and requirement documents.
So I wanted to put the issue on the table. No strong view on way or the other.

[Kent] thanks.

Changing the MAY keywords the way you proposed is one solution,

[Kent] okay, I will do that.

but more importantly, you should tell us what is intent behind a MAY sentence
is.
So it means that the specified solution MAY or MAY not have this functionality,
right?

[Kent] yes, that is how I am interpreting it

So what is the requirement? Maybe it's not a requirement, but just something to
think about.

[Kent] just something to think about I guess.  But I will change the two MAY
instances in the draft, so we don’t need to worry about it anymore  ;)

Thanks,
Kent