From: David Bannister <d...@netflix.com<mailto:d...@netflix.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 1:54 PM
To: Acee Lindem <a...@cisco.com<mailto:a...@cisco.com>>
Cc: Kent Watsen <kwat...@juniper.net<mailto:kwat...@juniper.net>>, Eliot Lear
<l...@cisco.com<mailto:l...@cisco.com>>, Dean Bogdanovic
<ivand...@gmail.com<mailto:ivand...@gmail.com>>,
"netmod@ietf.org<mailto:netmod@ietf.org>"
<netmod@ietf.org<mailto:netmod@ietf.org>>
Subject: Re: [netmod] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-09 (until
Oct 27, 2016)

I'm open to the idea given ample time.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Acee Lindem (acee)
Hi David,

From: David Bannister <d...@netflix.com<mailto:d...@netflix.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 12:28 PM
To: Kent Watsen <kwat...@juniper.net<mailto:kwat...@juniper.net>>
Cc: Eliot Lear <l...@cisco.com<mailto:l...@cisco.com>>, Acee Lindem
<a...@cisco.com<mailto:a...@cisco.com>>, Dean Bogdanovic
<ivand...@gmail.com<mailto:ivand...@gmail.com>>,
"netmod@ietf.org<mailto:netmod@ietf.org>"
<netmod@ietf.org<mailto:netmod@ietf.org>>
Oct 27, 2016)

Here are my issues with the ACL draft as it stands today from a high level, vs.
calling out every missing field.

Although I'm not an author of this YANG model, I'm the author of others and I
can say from experience that it would be infinitely more productive for you to
list the specific fields and corresponding use cases as opposed to a subjective
high-level critique. That way, these can be incorporated or, at least, we can
have the discussion as whether or not they belong in the base model.

Thanks,
Acee