Thank you all for the important discussion since the completion of WGLC on Nov
6th.

Per normal process, drafts typically progress once LC comments are address
unless significant faults are found.  Post LC comments have been made, which
needed consideration, notably the relationship with NMDA and rfc7895bis and an
alternate representation of inline schema.  These have been considered
respecting their impact on the last call consensus and it is the position of
the chairs that it is best to advance the existing schema-mount document at
this time.

Given that there are significant concerns for how the solution proposed in this
draft operates with NMDA, we do think it reasonable to add an applicability
statement to the draft that covers its operation in NMDA implementations. We do
not believe that such a statement substantively alters the draft nor would it
impact drafts that normatively reference the current draft.

In addition to resolving the remaining open thread [1], we also agree with the
recently made comment that the schema mount draft should allow the use of
rfc7895bis (i.e., not reference /modules-state), thereby enabling the draft's
use (though not ideal) on servers supporting rfc7895bis.

The chairs will propose specific text for the updates mentioned in this message
to be reviewed by the WG for correctness before final submission and
advancement.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg20049.html

Thanks,
Kent, Lou, and Joel