On 01/23/2018 03:26 PM, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 08:05:54PM +0000, Kent Watsen wrote:
>>
>> Thank you all for the important discussion since the completion of WGLC on
>> Nov 6th.
>>
>> Per normal process, drafts typically progress once LC comments are address
>> unless significant faults are found.  Post LC comments have been made, which
>> needed consideration, notably the relationship with NMDA and rfc7895bis and
>> an alternate representation of inline schema.  These have been considered
>> respecting their impact on the last call consensus and it is the position of
>> the chairs that it is best to advance the existing schema-mount document at
>> this time.
>>

> If we take the formal road, then you may want to read again Robert
> Wilton's email posted on November 2nd (Thu, 2 Nov 2017 17:06:34 +0000)
> again. He does talk about YANG library alignment - so YANG library
> alignment is not just post LC comments. (I personally prefer to have
> technical discussion than formal discussions but if it is necessary to
> g there...)

Focusing a moment on the future and the technical, it would be most
helpful to have a document that describes SM with NMDA and YL-bis.  This
would at least be a starting point for WG discussion.  It might even
help show if the current plan is flawed.

I, personally, suspect that a proposal that changes basic approach, or
revisits past arguments, will end up in another round of very long
discussions based on what each party thinks is optimal. Therefore, I
hope that the initial proposed solution would take a minimalistic change
approach in order to garner widest support.  This consensus foundation
could then provide a foundation for further optimization to the degree
supported by WG consensus.

Lou